Lump on thigh. MRI showed a dark shadow. Had no accident. What is this?

I have a lump about the size of a lemon on the outside of my right thigh (It doesn t hurt and I only noticed it when I was rubbing my leg with lotion). I had an MRI and I can see the area where the lump is has a dark shadow compared to the rest of the images. When the radiologist looked at it he asked if I had an injury (not that I know of) or am I taking a blood thinner (no). I ve asked my orthopedic Dr. to call me today once he looks at it, but I haven t heard from him yet. I have heard that dark shadows on MRI s are not as worrisome at white spots. What might a dark shadow mean?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013