Lump on the wrist visible only on bending, intermittent pain. Ganglion or carpal tunnel?

Hi Dr., my name is Adrian, 24y.o., male. I have a lump on my wrist that s only visible when I bend it downwards. It looks like there is a space between the end of my arm and my hand. I have had this for quite some time now. I have not yet had the time to see a doctor or have an x-ray since the pain sensation comes and goes and I read somewhere that you re just going to have to sleep it in. Yesterday it came back after roughly 3 months of no pain. Now it bothers me since I ll be going to the gym soon and start to lift weights, I m afraid it might get worst. Also, I fell down from a 2-story house which did, if I remembered correctly, a hairline fracture on my right wrist. This happened when I was around 10-11y.o. What do you think this is? Ganglion cyst or Carpal Tunnel? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013