Lump on the top of head, have frequent dizzy spells, random headache. Had a bad bang of the head. What could be the cause?

Hi, I m 19 years old and I have a strange boney lump on the top of my head closer to my forehead . I m not sure where it came from cause it showed up about a month ago. I keep getting dizzy spells and I have random headache I m not sure if it has anything to do with this but a year ago I was out with somexfriends and we had a car accident and I hit the windshield. My forehead had a little lump on it but it eventually went away. I never went to see a doctor causr I thought I was ok. Can you please help me?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you had a injury to the head about a year ago following which you had a lump. The lump is because of collection of blood in the layers is scalp as a result of trauma. Since you did not had symptoms like loss of consciousness or bleeding from ear or nose there was probably no concussion injury to the brain.
Dizziness is not related to head injury hence it requires evaluation to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.
The common causes for dizziness are hypovolemia or decreased blood supply to brain as a result of carotid artery diseases.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you