Lump on the testicle, pain in the genitals. Ciprofloxacin prescribed.X-ray suggested. Anything serious?

Hello, I am 20 years old and have been having pains in my right genitalia and felt a small pinhead lump on my right testicle . I went to the hospital who have prescribed Ciprofloxacin for the pain but he told me to make an appointment to see my GP about the pinhead lump. I saw my GP yesterday and he wants to send me for an x-ray but hasn t made an emergency referral so am assuming its nothing serious. When i touch the small lump the pain is not direct but is felt in the area of the infection which is the veins connected to the testicle. Could the lump be a result of the infection and do I have anything to worry about?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012