Lump on the spot of stitches, red and warmness, pains on touching. Normal?

My son had stiches about a month a go above his eye brow. He feel off a railroad tie into gravel. While in the ER they removed several rocks from the spot before stiching it up. He got the stiches out (2) over a month ago. There is no a marble size bump in the spot which get red and warm at times. My son says it hurts some times especially when you touch this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Dec 2013
It is quite normal for any injury to pain ling after it has healed. I suggest you to be vigilant if any swelling or redness or any unusual symptom appear at the local site. As several rock pieces had been removes so the only chance remains is of foreign body granuloma. Meanwhile you can apply hydrocortisone cream over the affected area in a very thin layer for 2-3 weeks only.