Lump on the shoulder getting larger and painful, different diagnosis of tendonitis and arthritis. Is neurosurgeon consultation right?

Hello. I think I may have a lipoma on my left shoulder blade. All of the symtoms that I have read about recently seem to be the same symtoms that I have been having since July of this year. I recently had an MRI, and the doctor gave me 2 different diagnosis in 2 days- tendonitis and arthritis . I feel that neither of these are correct. The lump on my shoulder has gotten larger and it is sitting on top of a nerve, which is very painful. I am going to see a neurosurgeon this week. Is this the right step to take for me at this point?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012