Lump on the outside of the leg. Gets numb while doing cardio exercises. What is it?

For about a year now, iv e had this small bump/lump on the outside of my left leg closer to the front of the leg and 1-2 inches lower than the center of my leg, it is painless unless i run, when i try to do cardio it eventually gets numb and hurts to where i HAVE to stop and i have to limp home, or sit until most of the pain wears of to walk home which takes about 10 minutes. It is pretty small and you can say its squishy when pressed. Starting to seriously worry me and i cant do cardio.....i am 21 iv e always being an active person as a teen i played many sports never got injured.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. It seems like the lump on the outside of your leg needs to be examined to determine the cause as well a possible treatment for the tumor i.e. if it needs to be excised and sent for pathological examination. For this you would need to consult a qualified surgeon, who your local doctor can refer you to. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!