Lump on the head, painful, numb. Having headaches. Solution?

Hello! I found a small lump on my head a week ago it was very painful to touch and my scalp often hurts, since I found this I ve had numerous head aches and sharp pains and pressure I n my head sort of feels like my heads popping inside the lump has now turned into a mass still sort of a lump but just deep under the skin it s now turned numb and I m still having these head aches I don t usually suffer with headaches so I am worried what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
It is most probably an infection probably an abscess which has fibrosed over a period of time. If the pain has gone down then the things will improve over next 2 weeks. However if the pain is still continuous then you will need antibiotics like cefexime. If the pain persists then it may be needed to do drainage as well.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.