Lump on the ball of foot behind toe, no pain or discomfort, been running a lot lately. What it could possibly be?

I have a lump on the ball of my left foot behind the big toe , it s like swelling but it doesn t seem to hurt at all or cause me any problems and it seems to be pretty firm. I have been out running in the last 4 or 5 months lately which I think could well be the cause of it, but I am just looking for advice as to what it could possibly be.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013

I have gone through your query. Lump you have mentioned here might be the thickening of the skin due to running. This thickening is harmless(at present) and is due to stress on that area during running.
There are chances that it will convert to CORN, which will be very painful and will require excision.
I advise you to wear good quality of socks and shoes for running.

Do consider a positive feedback as a credit to my work. Let me know if you have any further questions.

2 users find this helpful