Lump on the back of the neck, low energy. Diagnosed with thyroid problem. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma diagnosed within the family. Cancer chances?

I m a 42 year old female with a lump the size of a walnut on the back of my neck , to the left of my spine . It s firm, and doesn t move. It s pretty deep under the skin and you can actually pinch it between 2 fingers. It does not hurt and its been there for 3 months (as far as know). Sometimes my neck feels stiff or aches on the side where the lump is and. I have been low energy for a few years and was diagnosed with an interactive thyroid so I take synthroid everyday. Also, my mom and several relatives have non- hodgkins lymphoma . I am too scared to go to see a doctor. What do you think?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013