Lump on the back of neck, on and off pain behind the ear. What is this ?

My husband has this lump on the back of his neck and the pain has been off and on for the past two years, its located behind the ear just above the spin... The past few weeks he has been complaining of it hurting him... Just tonight we noticed that on the left side there is small lump forming.. Is there a way that you can maybe help figure out what this is.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
lump on scalp could be because of many reasons for it you need to get examined properly
You need a full ent examination. It could be a cystic swelling as you said its for past 2yrs.
In addition it could be a skin disease.
it being a ear problem seems to be less lilely as you didn't complained of ear discharge or ear ache
In doubt do reply