Lump on testicle, painful, dark purple, hard to the touch. What could this be?

Hello, Im 21 years old, and i was in the shower, earlier this week, when i noticed a small lump on my right testical, close the the area from the scrotum and anus . it was slightly painfull, and when i looked at it in the mirror, it was the size of a dime and a dark purple, as if filled with blood, but was somewhat hard to the touch, i managed to pop it, thinking it was a blood blister or somesort, and it shot quite a bit of blood all the way to the ceiling in my room. thinking i had solved the problem, i left it alone, 25 minutes later, it was filled back up and only about 3/8 the size it had been. what exactly could this be, and should i be concerned?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012