Lump on stomach with black dot in center. Growing in size. Sore to touch, slightly inflammed. Cause?

i have a lump on my stomach(adjacent to my navel) just under the skin with a tiny black dot in the center. It has been there for years. but most recently, within the past month , it has doubled in size. So lets say that if it was the size of a pea it is now the size of a lima bean. i recently (although i should not have) squeezed it to see if it was just a cist and to see if i could get it to pop, but no such luck. Now it is sore to the touch and slightly inflamed, which i am sure is expected, considering. i would like to know if you have any ideas on what this could be and if i should be concerned.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013