Lump on spine, white stuff comes out after squeezing. How to get rid of it?

I have a lump about fingernail size right on my spine which I can t reach. My neighbor squeezes it for me and we are amazed at the quantity of white stuff from it, some firm, some hard equal to 5-7 match heads. She pushes it out of only 1 hole about a 20th of the size of the lump though some times takes my skin off. It tends to fill up again in a few weeks. Otherwise I have lovely skin. I d like to be rid of it but how?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012

It seems that you are having sebaceous cyst..also called epithelioid cyst. It is a benign and harmless condition. It contains cheesy material...that may be removed by squeezing. Some time it may be infected, then you take antibiotics with anti inflammatory drugs.

You consult dermatologist. After few blood tests you may go for minor surgery. The cyst may be excised under local anaesthesia. And it is a simple OPD procedure.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD