Lump on skin, on buttocks, infection. B-12 shot given at same site. Treatment apart from surgery?

There is not pain or swelling , and it does not appear to be a cyst . The ball is the same skin tone as the rest of my butt, but there is a notable lump. I haven t confronted my parents or doctor about this yet. I was wondering if there was any type of antibiotics to maybe prevent surgery or an incision and get rid of it if it were to be an infection. Note, this has been there for a few weeks and has not caused me any difficulties. I did get a shot of b-12 at the sam esite
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
hai kristi, sorry to hear that.any lump without pain or swelling is more troublesome but u told u got a shot of b 12.may be it is just injection that case no need to worry. the swelling will subside on itself provided u don't manipulate much.just give cold compresses.