Lump on shoulder blade. Should we push for a core needle biopsy?

My wife went to her PCP the other day due to a lump, about the size of a baseball, situated to the right of her shoulder blade. She has noticed the area for several years, but recently it appears to have become more noticeable. It can now be seen through her clothes. Her doctor looked at it and said it had the characteristics of a lipoma but he wanted an ultrasound done. She went for an ultrasound that afternoon. The doctor s office caled back later that evening and told us that to rule out concern, due to it s larger size and the fact that it appears to be growing, they wanted the area to be biopsied. They set up an appointment with a local surgeon and we have a surgical consult tomorrow afternoon. They said they wanted to do a Fine Needle Aspiration, but research I have done on-line leads me to believe that this type of biopsy is not the best for diagnozing lipoma s because it provides only cells and does not proviude information about overall tissue architecture. Can we, or should we, push for a Core Needle biopsy or is this up to the surgeon? I am a very nervous husband and want to rule out other possibilities as early as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012