Lump on neck, no pain in lump, neck pain, fainting spells

Hi, about a year ago i told my mum about a lump in my neck . She said it was nothing to worry about but doctors found a lump in my neck when i was very young. since then i have always checked my neck for lumps . recently this lump has grown quite a bit . it is in the right side of my neck. the lump does not hurt but my neck does. also since i found the lump about a year ago i have suffered from fainting spells of which doctors couldn t understand why. I m only 17 and i don t want to jump to conclusions, but I m scared. please help, Charlotte.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I suggest you not to worry too much. Your doctors did check you and they concluded that you do not have to worry about that lump. You cannot say doctors could not found anything with sarcasm. They told you so because actually they could not find any problem. So now it is your duty to believe it and stop worrying about.

If you are still in doubt, please consult another good physician, your choice of course. Get the opinion of this physician and if it is like the earlier one, forget about the lump. Body has the capacity to absorb lumps.

Regarding fainting spells, it needs thorough investigation. It could also be due to stress. Get to the doctor and he will find out.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.