Lump on neck, chronic condition, getting bigger, harder. Biopsy done, pain in left side. MRI, surgery advised. Correct mode of treatment?

I have a lump on the absolute left side, above collar bone, on my neck . It\ s been there for a decade now. I never noticed it since it was never so apparent and there was never any pain in it. It gradually grew harder and bigger and I felt it last year abnormally bumped out. I went to see the doctor who suggested an immediate surgery. I had a biopsy but the report was not clear. The biopsy was too painful that it numbed my whole left side so the doctor had to stop the biopsy process. I went to a couple of doctors and they all had something different to say. One suggested MRI , the other disapproved it because I m unmarried and it may have its side effects on my reproductive organs or sth I m not sure.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012