Lump on neck. Doctor suggests removal. Why should it be removed if it is not cancerous?

I have a lump on my neck that is the size of a tic tac. I ve seen a Dr. about it and they said it is attached to a vein (not a major one), and there is blood flow through it. They recommended that I get it removed. They made it clear it is not lymphoma , and it is not a lymph node. They have not done an ultrasound or any other test. Any idea as to what it is and why I have to get it removed if it is not cancerous?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  31 Awaiting Answer