Lump on medial upper thigh, ruptured. Have purple bruises away from lump. Anything serious?

My name is Linette, I am 29 years old. Overall good health and no known diseases. I ve had a soft lump on my medial-upper thigh for the last few weeks. It s not painful, but it has caused a little discomfort. Two nights ago, after showering, it burst on its own and caused minor aching. At the moment, I felt light headed, but did not think it was serious. Yesterday, I saw a very large dark purple bruise inches away from the site of rupture, which by the way, is the worst bruise I ve ever had. Today I woke up with three additional large bruses for no apparent reason. Also, the lump is the same size as it was prior to rupturing. I am a little concerned and would like a to know if I need to seek medical attention.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012