Lump on lip, using chewing tobacco. Could it be a tumor?

i found a lump in my lip 2 days ago that was never there before. i have been using chewing tobacco for about 4 years now. is it possible that it could be a tumor? it just appeared and for the size of it i feel like i would have noticed it before if it had been growing for awhile. it does not hurt when i touch it. I am 20 years old, it would be great if someone could help me with this. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, Any lump in oral cavity/lip should be seen with suspicion in a tobacco chewer. Please see an ENT and get it examined. It can be benign and because of inclusion cyst or mucosal bite or a benign lesion of the minor salivary gland. Still being a tobacco chewer, see an ENT. Also stop using tobacco. Regards