Lump on lip. Had it operated. Why is it growing back? Due to biting?

i recently got a lump in my lower lip(inside)of the lower lip.I am 28 years old.I had got the same thing when i was 17-18 years old some 10 years back and doctors had operated it.They said that i had the habit of biting that area wid teeth .I recently do not remember biting myself accidentally or intentionally but i have again got the same kind of lump and it isgrowing painful day by day.I am in US and i am scared to go to doctor since he will again ask me to get operated.Pls suggest me what to do?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012