Lump on leg, soft, dark skin, warm to the touch, knee pain

Hello, I am 24 years old and I have had a lump on my leg for years!I The lump is soft and the skin over the lump is darker than the rest of my skin, it is also warm to the touch. I went to see a doctor a couple of months ago and they said it was nothing but recently it has started to ache a lot and the pain has been going into my knee . I am really concerned its something sinister. The lump is on the very top of my thigh just underneath my buttoks towards the side.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
A painful lump can be due to an abscess or an infected hematoma. This needs a direct examination for diagnosis. You can do a hot fomentation for some relief.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal