Lump on knee cap, doesn't hurt, feels like rubber, Is this hardened bursa?

Oh hi! This is cool! lol .... Well , I'm male age 57 and have had a bird egg sized lump on the side of my knee cap , just below the cap for at least 15 years. it doesn't hurt, feels like rubber, when you touch it and my only concern is aesthetics. I used to be an athlete long ago but I honestly can't remember any big knee injury since I was just a kid. I DO excercise my body a lot though, due to the nature of my occupation.....contractor. Just curious. Wondering if it is some hardened bursa? ....or something

Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013