Lump on head, sore if pressed. History of head injury

Hello, About three years ago I fell in bicycle accident and hit my head very hard. It bled a lot, and I (like a college kid, so innocent) did not go to the hospital. My boyfriend was an EMT at the time and watched over me. It hurt very badly, a scar developed, long thick, with a small lump at the top. Now, thought at least 3 years later, the scar has healed but the small lump at the top of the cut is not a much much larger lump, hard and is little bit sore if I press on it. I a finally overcoming my embarassment of not taking care of this properly before, and need some help!!!! THANK-YOU!!!
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that it is very unlikely for the lump to be of any serious consequence three years after the fall.

It could be a thickened scar (keloid).

You could consult a plastic surgeon for treatment.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad