Lump on head, near ear, numbness, pulsating. What could it be?

Hi, I have a small, painless lump on the right side of my head, above my ear. I've had it for about 3 months. It moves with my skin when I move it around. Like I said it is painless, and also colorless. It's ununiform in shape, and about the size of pencil eraser. When I move it around a lot, my head above my ear seems to go numb a little. Also, many times at night, when I sleep on the right side of my head, it starts pulsing very fast and sporadically. It doesn't hurt it's just very annoying. Do you have any input on what this could be? A doctor at a physical mentioned it could be a mole or something but I don't think so.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013