Lump on head, dizziness, sickness after a fall. Get a CT scan? Is it serious?

Yes I wonder if you can assist me please. About two months ago my brother who is 44 had a box of brake pads fall on his head ( he has a car repair workshop) he had a small lump but this went down after a few days. Every couple of days he has dizzy spells and feels sick. He has been to his GP who says its nothing to worry about, he has looked into his eyes and since there was no bleeding he thinks it will be fine. The dizziness got so bad last week that I made another appointment for him with the GP who then said he needed a head scan but then changed his mind because of the health risks with a ct scan as my brother had had a scan within a 2 year period, should we get a referral letter from the GP and go private to see a neuro surgeon? Regards caroline
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013