Lump on hard palate, feels fuller and visible post eating, pus ball and blood on scratching. Cancer?

Hi I am 32 year old female, for the past 6months I have had a pimple like lump on my hard palate , It hasn t got bigger in that time. 1st thing in the morning it is less visible, it is more visible, feels fuller(although its not big) after eating. I put salt on my finger then pressed it on the lump a few times for a day, the head became more enlarged so I popped it with a pin (it usually comes back 3-5days) and blood came out of it, I have also scratched it many times with my finger nail, what comes out of it is comparing it to scratching a pimple on your face and a small white hardish pus ball comes out that you can roll in your fingers, and a little blood (the dental hygenist popped it once and clear fluid came out she didn t think it was sinister). When it came back I put salt on it again this time it felt smaller to touch with my tongue and finger. I am booked in to see an Oral surgeon in a couple of weeks. I was just wondering what your opinion is to ease my worrying. Does this sound like it could be cancer.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013