Lump on groin like cyst. Keeps on coming back and forth. Could it be infected hair follicle?

Hi I m 22, if anyone could help it would be appreciated, About 2 years ago I noticed a small hard lump on the right side of my groin , It didn t hurt and I thought it was a cyst I used hot water on it for about 2 weeks and it as good as vanished A couple of months later it came back and it s been reoccurring. About a month ago I went to the doctors and she couldn t feel it and said if it keep going away it was nothing to worry about but I can t get it out my mind because I can still feel it getting bigger and then if I move it about it goes smaller again it feels like its attached to a tube under the skin could it be an infected hair follicle as I do shave down there? Or fluid trapped somewhere? You can t see it but its annoying that it keeps coming back and I m getting worried even though I ve seen a doctor Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013