Lump on forearm. Is it tumor? What can treat it?

I am a 24 years old married house wife having one kid. I have a small(around 1 cm) hard lump/tumour in my right hand forearm for an year or so.It was not painful earlier, but it started paining for a week now.It is paining when i tried to strongly hold any thing. The pain is like putting a injection in that place. Can you please suggest me what kind of lump/tumour it is and the treatment for the same. Hope it is not in the kind of cancer .
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The chances of it being cancer are almost nil. The most probable diagnosis of the lesion is a ganglion.This is a firm swelling which does not move longitudinally on tightening the underlying tendons. the treatment is excision as it is symptomatic in your case.