Lump on collarbone, protruding, severe pain and soreness. What could it be?

I have a lump on my collar bone. I noticed it about a year ago when i would get pain and soreness on the collar bone. Now it is a little sharper and larger, it protrudes and is painful to where a bra strap or purse strap on my right shoulder because it irritates it by putting pressure on it. It hasn't gone away. Can you tell me if I should get it checked out, who or what type of Doctor to see and what could it possibly be.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Julie
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

There is possibility of osteochondral lesion.
Another possibility can be lipoma or neuroma.
You may need to undergo investigation like MRI, USG and routine blood investigation.
If required biopsy can be done.

Hope I have addressed your query.