Lump on clitoris, swollen labia, pus comes out

Hi, I am a 41 year old female who had a baby 2 years ago and ever since then after my period I get a mass on the left side of my clitoris . Over the next few days the whole left side of labia get swollen and the comes to a head inside the left side of my labia and ruptures. Alot of pus comes out and drains for days. Have been to the gyno and he says to go to the dermatologist . Not sure what to do.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
it sounds to me like you must have a type of labial cyst, either a bartholin's or a skene's cyst. that could be determined in exam. sometimes it can develop into an abcess, which is filled with pus. these are usually one one events that resolve, but sometimes thy can recur like you describe. often they can be treated with warm water soaks several times a day, but occasionally that doesn't help. depending on the situation, they can be surgically treated when conservative therapy doesn't help. this is a minor procedure that your gynecologist should be able to do. try are either removed entirely or opened and "marsupialized" after which they shouldn't come back again. exactly hat procedure is right depends on each situation. try to see your doctor when the cyst is swollen and he/she should be able to help you. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.