Lump on bottom side of head, tender to touch. Had cold and sinus infection. Is it a lymphnoid problem?

I have a lump on the bottom left side of my head, closer to the back the my skull and close to my hair line that is very tender to the touch. I have not hit my head, although it feels like I have. I remember this same situation occurred a couple months ago, and the lump grew larger over a course of a couple days until one day it seemed to disappear. Is it a lymphnoid problem? I had a cold and sinus infection a week ago, but I felt that it was over. Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012