Lump on bottom left buttock, sore, pain on touching. Taking doxycycline. Treatment?

I have a lump on the bottom left butt cheek right to the left of where the crack begins, it is sore and it hurts to the touch and when I sit. I went to the doctor, they gave me an anti biotic doxycycline , I have takin about ten so far 1 twice a day I have about ten more to take but it is still there. What could it be? I am a male 31
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Hi, Allen,
Thanks for query,
it seems that you might have got formed abscess i,e. pus is formed so antibiotic does not work.
Get your part examined by doctor whether abscess is formed or not.
If there is an abscess then you have to go for removal of pus and dressing.
Ok and bye.