Lump on bikini line, no redness, spots, no pain on touching. Causes for symptoms?

Hi I am 20years old and I have found a lump on my bikini line, it does not hurt when I touch it or cause any pain. It is hard when you press down on it. And can feel a proper lump. Please get back to me as I am very worried. There is no redness and no spots. I do not think it has anything to do with a boil or ingrown hair as there is no pain or discomfort.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hello Lily and thanks for the query
As per your symptoms it seems to be a cyst but we can not forget lymph nodes if it at inguinal region. The causes may be infection, inflammation or growth of the surrounding tissue. The treatment depends on the causes of the lump.
To find out the cause consult your doctor and by clinical examination and investigations like Fine needle aspiration test (FNAC) or scan she can get to a diagnosis. Treatment can be planned their after.
I don't think that it is boil or ingrown hair because they are painful on touch and increase with time.
It is better to consult your doctor and get clinically eamined.
Best Wishes