Lump on bicep, sore to touch, redness. Neck pain, numbness around eyelid. Due to sleeping wrong?

Hello, My symptoms started a little over a month ago. I first noticed a red veiny looking lump at the top of my left bicep where my armpit begins. This lump was pretty sore to the touch but not excruciating. Within 2 days the lump, redness and pain was gone. I thought nothing of it and went on with my life. About a week or so after I developed a fairly bad neck ache (located on the back left side of my neck at the base of my skull ) This neck pain would throb, travel up to my left eye and would intensify when I would bend over or exert myself in any way. The neck pain was about a 5 on the pain scale . This neck pain would also completely vanish, when I would take just one over the counter strength ibuprofen . Eventually (after about 2 weeks) the neck pain dissipated and would only flare up when i would cough or turn my head suddenly. Just about this time I started to notice a shoulder pain but only upon raising my elbow level with my shoulder. I also started to notice that my bicep was very weak. I then grabbed some 10 pound weights and tried a few exercises. My effected arm was very quickly fatigued and hurt (about a 5). I tried messaging the muscles in my left arm, but it only made the pain worse and tingling in my fingertips. The pains in my neck and the pain and numbness in my left arm have come and gone over the past 2 weeks. I still have stiffness and soreness upon raisin my elbow above my shoulder. I have some numbness around my left eyelid and eye socket. Most of the time all of these pains and numbness have triggers and rarely hurt unless agitated. The agitations are as simple as sneezing , a cough, resting my elbows on any surface for too long, I can squeeze my left bicep and cause numbness in my fingers, I can also press my fingers to one part of my left scapula (a part that is very tender but only tender to the touch) and simply by pressing on said scapula area, it will cause throbbing and numbness in my left arm. I wake up frequently with a pins and needles sensation and dead arm (I almost always sleep on my left side/shoulder), My left scapula and shoulder area pop and crack very frequently when I move or rotate. I must add that I am 42 years old and up until a few weeks ago, I was a smoker and moderate drinker. I have since quit smoking and drinking. I was curious if sleeping wrong or if chronically sleeping on my left side and sleeping on a bad mattress could cause the above symptoms.?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012