Lump on back side of throat. Suffering with cold and catarrh. Using Ranitidine and Beconase nasal spray. Opinion?

Hello I have had a sore throat for 4 wks , it started with a cold and catarrh and it has been very painful . I lost my voice.I saw a Dr after 10 days who said it wasn't infected and was not impressed. I saw another Dr 3 days ago who also said it was not infected and has given me ranitidine as she feels it may be acid reflux as I mentioned feeling a lump in my neck on swallowing. Lots of glands in my neck are up . I am using beconase nasal spray and the catarrh and congestion is now minimal. A few days ago I noticed a strange feeling at the back of my throat which I kept trying to clear and yesterday I realised I have a lump on the soft palate at the back by the left side. It has been very red there but today looks and feels calmer . The lump is not sore or tender. I have a Dr appt in 5 days and will try to see my dentist . I am quite worried as to what it could be
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013