Lump on back, filled with puss. Family history of such lumps. Solution?

Hello, I m 18 years old and female. For the past few years I ve had a lump on my back that fills with puss kind of like a back head. It s never give me grief but the last few weeks its became sore and hurts a lot. I squeezed it this morning and it went down a little, I ve got home today and its swole right up so I ve had to squeeze it again and there was a lot of puss. It s still very tender and the lumps reduced in size. I m not sure what to do about it. My dad has the same also my mothers dad has it but theirs don t hurt.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013