Lump near the vagina. Pain while sitting and standing. Vaginal discharge. What is happening?

I have what feels like a lump near the opening of my vagina and my uretha. I ve had it for about a month and a half. At first I thought it was causing intense pain during intercourse that escalated to the point I could not have sex with my partner. I went to my OBGYN and they told me it was nothing to worry about. She told me that it was just an immediate reaction and tensing of my muscles down there as I was expecting pain. I know my body very well, as well as my mind, and after trying the exercises, I knew this is not the case. My boyfriend went away for two weeks and the pain gradually stopped so I forgot about it. A few days into his return, it started kicking up again and is back with a vengeance. Now it feels like I have a swollen lump at the same location, it stings when I pee and it is impossible to have sex. IT also hurts when I m sitting or standing or my legs are too close together. After some prodding I definitely notice swelling , more than average discharge , and a different - but not bad- odor. I am going to schedule an appt next week but am searching for anything that may ease my mind.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013