Lump just below knee due to fall, soreness, light bruise, pain on kneeling. Medical attention required?

I fell last Friday (1 week ago), causing pain and a lump on the bone just below my knee . My knee does not hurt, and I am able to walk fine, but the lump is still extremely sore to the touch. I can t sit on that leg or kneel without pain. There is only a very light bruise . Should I have it evaluated? I don t want to seem like a baby or waste the doctor s time. I am 55 years old. Thanks for your opinion.
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012