Lump inside left thumb. Diagnosed with renal insufficiency. Are both connected?

Hello, Dr. Grief. About 3 weeks ago a small (about a 1/4 inch in length & 1/8 in width) lump appeared on the inside of my left thumb on the lower joint. It appears to be a blood blister . I haven t any pain from it. However, I am concerned as I was recently diagnosed as having a small amount of renal insufficiency and am wondering if the two are connected.. Unfortunately, I am no longer covered by any insurance so I haven t been able to follow up with a visit to a nephrologist .
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013