Lump in throat, nodules on top and lower section of thyroid. History of thyroidectomy. Will this cause cancer?

I had a rt thyroidectomy in 1999. Two yrs later, I had nodules on top & lower section of lft side of my thyroid. I have reached the point I am beginning to see the lump in my throat & I also can feel it when I swallow . Have a lot of cancer history in my family and one of which was Folicular thyroid. I am very concerned but my dr. says my labs are fine, nothing to worry about. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013