Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
It is possible that the discomfort in your throat along with difficulty in swallowing and vomiting
could be related to the GERD
. Sometimes, when there is persistent reflux, there can be irritation or erosion of the food pipe which can cause discomfort and difficulty in swallowing. Your symptoms are unlikely to be connected to your ear problem. I hope you are on medication for your GERD and IBS.
I would also advise you to follow dietary and lifestyle modifications, in order to tackle this problem:
1) Avoid foods that cause gastric irritation like spicy foods, coffee, tea, carbonated drinks, etc. Smoking
and alcohol are also gastric irritants.
2) Eat at regular intervals and avoid delaying meals.
3) Increase the fibre content in your diet - take more of vegetables and fruits.
4) Avoid eating outside; especially avoid all kinds of junk food and fast foods.
5) Try to have a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and proper sleep habits.
5) Try to avoid stress
and try relaxation methods like deep breathing, meditation
Wish you all the best.
- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar