Lump in the vagina with itching and burning. What should I do?

i have a bump on the inside of my vagina by my clit. i had sex about 2 months or so ago and it come about a few weeks ago. it itches at times and doesnt hurt or anything but if i touch it or wipe down there it kind of burns. im going to the doctor in the next few days but was wondering if anyone could help me while i wait.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
May 2013
The lump you mentioned could be a Bartholin cyst.
Bartholin gland lies near the vaginal opening, its duct opens at the labia minora.
When the duct gets blocked cyst can form.
When the cyst gets infected abscess can occur.
So after consulting your doctor, she may examine you and can find out the exact cause of the problem.
You may need one course of antibiotics.
Oral analgesic and anti inflammatory drugs help in decreasing pain.
Sitz bath can help in decreasing the symptoms.
If the problem recurs you may need marsupalization of the gland.
But don't worry that may not be needed in your case.