Lump in the upper side of vagina. Have swelling. Need to see a doctor?

Hi Doc, I have a problem,there is a lump pea size on the left upper side of my vagina skin,not inside but on top. it started off as a little itchy pimple and i might have exagerated it and caused it to swell by scratching it. It been there before but this time is a little bigger and hard with little blisters on it,i shaved the area on top of it to see better and it is now harder. what could this be,it has occured before and i am terrified!!! is there anything i could self medicate with before visiting a doctor to sort of proof whether or not it is serious?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013