Lump in the groin area, flu like symptoms. Swollen lymph node? Unbearable pain during sex

I went to a doctor two weeks ago as I was suffering from severe flu-like symptoms, along with a lump in my groin area. He told me it was a swollen lymph node and gave me antibiotics and other medicine to sort it out.
The flu like symptoms went away with the medicine but now I still have the lump in my groin (it didn't change size since taking the medicine).
The area at the lump at times becomes very painful- a sharp pain. And during sex (depending on the position) the pain is unbearable.

I'm wondering could this still be a swollen lymph node or what other reasons could it be. I know that injuries can cause swollen lymph nodes and my right knee (same side as the lump) has been painful too.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013