Lump in the chest, pain. Chest tightness while running. Anything serious?

A lump has appeared in my chest. When it first appeared about 5 months ago it was associated with chest pains and it felt like heart ache. i id no receive any trauma to he chest area that i can recall. Over the months i appears to have gotten bigger but not to a large extent. I am a very active person and sometimes when i engage in activities such as running i feel tension in my chest and my breathing is affected. I have recently been feeling pain in my throat and i think it is a result of the chest lump. I am worried that it might be cancer? could it b something that is not as serious and not life threatening. I have made an appointment to get a check up, what can i expect? my email address is YYYY@YYYY . Looking forward to u response.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
To get a medical advise you need to provide your age and sex.Without knowing these basic facts it is not possible to advise you regarding your problem.
If you come back with those information,i will clarify further