Lump in the center of the neck, discharge on squeezing. Is this a sebaceous cyst or anything else?

For as long as I can remember I ve had a Little lump in the centre of my neck in the pit above my breastbone. The lump has a little opening and it discharges when squeezed (I only need to give it a gentle squeeze for it to do this). The discharge is always entirely clear and has an egg white like consistency. I ve never visited a doctor about it before and I ve always figured it was a sebaceous cyst but never confirmed. Does this sound like a cyst of some sort? If so are there any alternatives to surgery? TIA
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012