Lump in the calf, swelling in the ankle. Due to blood clot. Normal ultrasound report. Prescribed with antibiotics and water pills

my friend has a lump in her calf which has caused severe swelling to her leg down to her ankle. she has seen 1 dr. & they told her it may be a blood clot so she had an ultrasound & did not see anything although after running a blood test blood count was high. they prescribed her antibiotics . the next day she could not get out of bed as her leg was very swollen & in much pain. she then saw another dr. & they did not have any answers for her. they told her to stop the antibiotics & gave her water pills & sent her home with a follow up appointment in 3 days. she has redness also & has been elevating her leg. any suggestions or answers for my friend?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012