Lump in the breast getting bigger. Have pain. Family history of breast cancer. Is this cancer?

Hi iam 26 years old i will be 27 in august. I noticed a very small lump in my breast in november. It didnt bother me and only felt sore around my menstrual cycle. Im only working part time at the moment and im a fulltime student so i do not have health insurance. Applied last month for health insurance but it will take about a month. The past two months especially this month i noticed that my lump has become significantly larger. It hurts so bad, pretty much all day now. Especially when i touch that area, or if i open a window, or when im sleeping on that side or leaning on it. You cannot physically see it can only feel it. I work in Interventional Radiology and the other day at work i had no patients so decided to do a sonogram on myself, had the P.A examine me and even the vascular surgeon i work with helped me with the sonogram. He measured it at 7cm. Iam paying out of pocket to go see a breast surgeon on april15, and might get a courtesy visit with a breast surgeon at the hospital i work in, calling my employer tomorrow to see if that's possible. I would like to get as many opinions as i can anyways. I should have not waited this long and i really regret it. Both my parents mothers had breast cancer. My moms mom died at 57 and probably had the cancer in her for years but she hated to get checkups. My dads mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at around 40 and had a mastectomy and is a very healthy 75 yr old woman today. My lump is not mobile and just hurts so bad everyday. Im not asking you to diagnose me, obviously thats impossible without sonigrams and biopsies but maybe just give me an idea and your opinion on a 7cm lump and this pain. This week just seems to be dragging and i just keep googling everynight about breast cancer and cant stop thinking about it and worrying, cant wait to see a breast doctor. Help :)
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013